is the amount of energy consumed, related to the size of the utility effect of a given facility, technical device or installation under typical operating conditions. Its improvement significantly reduces the consumption of energy resources (oil, gas, coal), and thus also dependence on their imports. Thanks to it, individuals and companies pay lower energy bills and the society feels an improvement in the quality of life.
* According to the Foundation for Effective Use of Energy, improving energy efficiency can give Poland:
- reduction of annual CO2 emissions by 57.5 million, or nearly 15% of total greenhouse gas emissions in Poland
- reduction of energy costs at end-users by PLN 35.9 billion annually
- reduction of annual electricity generation costs from PLN 59.1 billion to PLN 48.5 billion
- increase in the number of jobs in the energy sector by 298 thousand. full-time employees in 2011-2020.
Interesting fact : Five energy savings thanks to the replacement of a traditional bulb.